Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NEW IDEA!!!!

Ok so I had an idea that I got very excited about. My friends and I are all in either the music or media fields here at school so I decided to use us to make a kick ass video. My facebook and myspace have some lame ass videos that were taken with my iPhone and all other drummers' pages that I've seen have similar crappy ass videos. I'm serious about my drumming and serious about my sound. I like to come off as a professional and efficient with my work and I believe that a high quality video would to well to get that point across.
So here's what I decided to do... I'm going to take my Yamaha Recording Customs and put them in the best recording studio here at school (studio a) and have my friends Johnny and Andy take about 4-5 HD cameras and shoot me playing different styles of music, grooving to a click, and then maybe a 2-3 minute solo at the end.
The recording studio here at school is pretty bad ass. It's got a big 24-channel API console with a whole bunch of other outboard gear to make things sound great. For mic's I'm thinking of using the reversed woofer I made paired with some sort of large diaphragm condenser (probably my MXL v69), a few AKG C-414's on the tom's, Neumann km-184's for overheads, and most likely a 57 on the snare; if I can find it I'll try a beta 57, I've never used one before. I think that I can get a really good product out of using these resources... so we'll see... I'll definitely post the video when it's all said and done...

'Til next time friends.....



No comments:

Post a Comment