Tuesday, April 19, 2011

REMO Black Suede Emperor Heads!!!!

OK so like I said in an earlier post, I thought about getting the REMO Black Suede Emperors. I finally ordered them and very.. very impatiently waited for them.. a whole 4 days haha.. and then they finally showed up. I bought the fusion pack from Guitar Center which came with a free emperor x snare head (love that head too). Like I said I'm usually an Evans guy but I was really curious about these heads.. I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely love them. I put them on my Yamaha recording custom kit and they sound SO good. I had a rehearsal last night and even the people I was playing with mentioned that they loved the sound.
The attack was very very pronounced. It definitely had just as much attack as the clear heads, which I love. That's the one problem I have with coated heads; they just don't have the attack I'm looking for. Not the suede heads though.. th
e attack was clear as day and perfect.
The resonance was brilliant too. The ring of the drum after it was hit was so warm and inviting, I couldn't stop hitting them. After rehearsal ended, I stayed behind and practiced some more simply so I can listen to the drums. The 14 and 16 inch toms were thunderous and powerful while the 10 and the 12 sang and resonated beautifully. I couldn't get over how great the drums sounded.. it's the perfect blend of attack and warmth I was looking for. No moon gels were needed on the floor toms to keep the ugly rumble down, simply because there wasn't any. I tried taking a video on my phone but it sounded distorted and terrible, when I get a better recording i'll put it up. I recommend these heads for anyone and everyone... oh btw.. they make the drums look pimpin'.. check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment